Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  The CovenThe Coven  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear members and visitors of this website kindly state the reason you are visiting our website in a section called "The reason" "Or Click here" And tell us what are you here to learn or know about or what kind of help do you need- learn magic/become a vampire/ learn astral travel/ or just for knowledge or any other reason to make it clear for us on what kind of help do you need so we can help you.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Whitedemon

Blasphemous

darkdiela5

Nightshade

Charm Moonchild

Sebastian

burningangel1

vampireloard

Torilei Denali

immortal vampire

Share | 

Feeding...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Feeding...   Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:34 am

Hey guys,

So just a few things that have crossed my mind earlier today...

I know it probably varies from one vampyr to another, but how frequently do they usually feed?.. and is attacking mortals for blood consumption common?

The reason I'm asking is because I was strolling around my city today and have discovered quite a few markets in my local Chinatown that sell fresh pork blood.

Their blood is kept refrigerated, so if I were to take it home and store it in my freezer for later consumption, would any of you advice that? or is it always best to buy it on the spot?

Of course, I can only assume that their pork blood really is fresh to begin with.

I'm always worried that a severe craving would kick in, and I wouldn't be able make it to the market on time, since it is quite far away.

Are you able to control your cravings?

If hunting down a neighbourhood raccoon or mortal is a last resort, then I'm all game! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theync.com
Charm Moonchild

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Blasphemouz wrote:
Hey guys,

So just a few things that have crossed my mind earlier today...

I know it probably varies from one vampyr to another, but how frequently do they usually feed?.. and is attacking mortals for blood consumption common?

The reason I'm asking is because I was strolling around my city today and have discovered quite a few markets in my local Chinatown that sell fresh pork blood.

Their blood is kept refrigerated, so if I were to take it home and store it in my freezer for later consumption, would any of you advice that? or is it always best to buy it on the spot?

Of course, I can only assume that their pork blood really is fresh to begin with.

I'm always worried that a severe craving would kick in, and I wouldn't be able make it to the market on time, since it is quite far away.

Are you able to control your cravings?

If hunting down a neighbourhood raccoon or mortal is a last resort, then I'm all game! Wink

Hi Blasphemouz,

Very interesting questions indeed. Let me try to answer your questions in brief but I will also ask Jake to give a more in depth article on this okay? First of all, you are right when you said that feeding or consumption varies from one vampire to another. Next, attacking or feeding on humans is a big NO NO. Unless it is a matter of life and death situation for the vampire. Animal blood is the main thing to feed on and not humans.

With regards to your query about the storing animal or pork blood at home it is often what vampires do to make sure they have blood supplies. Although if you can really get blood that is really fresh like from a butcher then that would be much more recommended. It is also a good idea to stock your supply when you are a vampire to make sure you don't have to go far when the craving sets in as you said. Cravings are things you have to master in the future but then again that is why you must have constant supply to prevent yourself from starving or attacking humans.

Oh and I think it would be best to stick on hunting the neighborhood raccoon if it comes to a last resort. Wink

Hope I was able to enlighten your questions a bit

Blessed Be,

"Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness.”
― Allen Ginsberg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Interesting... I actually thought that human blood would be most satisfying for a vampyr.

What if a fellow mortal cut him/herself and you notice them bleeding, would that possibly stir up an unanticipated craving as well? :O
Back to top Go down
darkdiela5

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:13 am

Is it recommended for a vamp to look for donor for blood supply if he/she couldn't resort in finding any animal blood? as for feeding, one of my friend said that feeding of the life energy/psi feeding from people through astral travel could be another way than drinking blood but needs lots of effort to practicing it, so I wondering if is it true since the description of vampire I read before saying that the vampires or Nosferatu vampires will only consume blood and nothing else as it was her/his whole life depends on it.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Vamps appetite   Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:34 am

First of all Blasphemouz u deserve a big cheer for the topic and question.. First u truly made me laugh "hunting down a Racoon" that was funny...
Second of all its a very good question
And as an answer to your question..seems that charm did most of the answer i would just add up few points al though i think she covered almost everything..
About the apetite and much of how each vampire consumes varries from a Vamp to another depending on your age and physical ability and just like every human being or any living creature the more energy you spend the more blood you consume and your energy increases as you get older as you get more powerful so you require large amount of blood by the older you grow.
About hunting down humans I guess Charm just made it clear thats its a big NO NO.
as for porks blood and storing supplies this is a must to every vampire alive.. Supplies are the essential requirment for our comfort and mind rest. But you may have to learn some issues on saving blood like adding anti-clotting ingredient to be able to store it without clotting we well handle that in details in another topic.
Now there is no Doubt that fresh blood is the best, but that doesnt mean you would stick to fresh blood and not store.
Its kind of funny because i was just recently discussing this point with someone yesterday and you ask about it now..
The qeustion i was asked what kind of blood do use "what animal blood" so i reffered to porks blood as one of the sources i use so i advice u to go for it.
i hope i covered your inquiry and question and you found it useful.
Jake Carlson
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wamphry.com
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:23 am

Thanks Jake! Very Happy

Can any of you please explain as to why hunting down humans for their blood is a 'NO NO'??

Is it because you will end up killing them? or does it strictly have to do with their blood?

I always thought that vampyrs' primary prey are mortal humans.

And by the way, this might sound a bit immature, but do vampyrs ever attempt to kill one another? Can a rivalry develop amongst coven members?
Back to top Go down
TheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:16 am

Well, it would draw attention and most likely lead to the vampire being hunted down themself...Am I correct?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Vampyrs are more quick witted and physically faster than mortals.

They can try to hunt them down, but they likely won't succeed. Wink
Back to top Go down
Charm Moonchild

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Blasphemouz wrote:
Thanks Jake! Very Happy

Can any of you please explain as to why hunting down humans for their blood is a 'NO NO'??

Is it because you will end up killing them? or does it strictly have to do with their blood?

I always thought that vampyrs' primary prey are mortal humans.

And by the way, this might sound a bit immature, but do vampyrs ever attempt to kill one another? Can a rivalry develop amongst coven members?

Hi Blasphemouz,

With regards to hunting down humans, well Blasphemouz we are really not in the business of hunting down humans. As much as the Hollywood films and other folklore have been feeding people all these years. There is no feud between us. We basically want to exist and live. As anticlimactic as it may sound but isn't that what most beings, creatures want to do? Human beings are not preys and well if a vampire did hunt them down for no reason or for game, they would definitely stir up some commotion but it's not the other humans you have to be worried about when it comes to this. Elder members of each coven will surely do something about it and that is something you can't run from or even escape considering they are much more adept in so many things. There are also some vampires who may have rivalries among themselves and can end up to trying to kill each other and fight but the thing you have to remember here is that these things does not go unnoticed or will not be taken care of by the councils.

Blessed Be,

― Allen Ginsberg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WARRIORofLILITH

PostSubject: feeding   Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:08 am

Could a vampire put a human into a trance and feed on them without killing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:15 am

FutureVampire wrote:
Could a vampire put a human into a trance and feed on them without killing.

I wonder the same thing.

I've obviously watched far too many horror flicks growing up, believing that the simplest way was to bite the victim's neck and suck out the blood, until I've later learnt that by doing so would cause excessive bleeding and likely kill the victim. lol

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
― Edgar Allan Poe

Last edited by Blasphemouz on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:19 am

Charm Moonchild wrote:
if a vampire did hunt them down for no reason or for game, they would definitely stir up some commotion

In what sense would it stir up commotion? Amongst the elders or fellow coven members?

What if it is done in private, away from prying eyes?

I mean, if a mortal was to act up around you and, say, threaten you somehow, you'd surely strike at them, likely killing them, wouldn't u?! Twisted Evil

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
WARRIORofLILITH

PostSubject: feeding   Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:55 am

Blasphemouz.
one power i am sure a vampires has is hypnosis so surely they could use it to feed on a human.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:25 am

FutureVampire wrote:
Blasphemouz.
one power i am sure a vampires has is hypnosis so surely they could use it to feed on a human.

I sincerely hope so. Twisted Evil

― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
Charm Moonchild

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Blasphemouz wrote:
Charm Moonchild wrote:
if a vampire did hunt them down for no reason or for game, they would definitely stir up some commotion

In what sense would it stir up commotion? Amongst the elders or fellow coven members?

What if it is done in private, away from prying eyes?

I mean, if a mortal was to act up around you and, say, threaten you somehow, you'd surely strike at them, likely killing them, wouldn't u?! Twisted Evil

Blasphemouz and FutureVampire,

First of all Blasphemouz, you have very valid questions indeed but I have to agree with you when you said that you have watched to much horror flicks. Wink No offense meant my friend. Smile You know we enjoy your weird sense of humor and amazing comebacks in this community. Now going to your question, maybe I wasn't clear.. The Elders knows about every single vampire that exist. This means that any rogue vampire or wanderer that is not following the rules of the coven will then be subjected to consequences. It is the rule. Even if you did do it away from prying eyes, the Elders would find out believe me... In cases that a human would cause chaos or would put you in a life threatening situation then of course you would have to defend yourself. Your own survival is of course your priority but then let me make myself clear that trying to find trouble to exercise this would have consequences. FutureVampire, vampires can indeed hypnotize people and compel them but as I have said in the earlier posts and as Jake reiterated feeding on humans is a BIG NO NO.

Blessed Be,

― Allen Ginsberg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkdiela5

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:18 pm

I thought knowing vampire hunters doesn't existed is a great relief and think no one would stir vampire freedom but it seems elders had great authority upon all vampires. Blasphemouz, you more than lucky having place that sold fresh pork blood. I really envious of you since my country people doesn't consume animal's blood, so finding place that sell fresh blood is really out of question. the only source which I thought that can solve the problem is to buy the alive chickens from farmers or shops, and kill them and collect the blood. good news is I am an animal lover, which is a bad news for person like me to do the animal killing. Rolling Eyes

Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:45 pm

darkdiela5 wrote:
I am an animal lover, which is a bad news for person like me to do the animal killing. Rolling Eyes

a real pity, I'm sure.

― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Charm Moonchild wrote:

First of all Blasphemouz, you have very valid questions indeed but I have to agree with you when you said that you have watched to much horror flicks. Wink No offense meant my friend. Smile You know we enjoy your weird sense of humor and amazing comebacks in this community. Now going to your question, maybe I wasn't clear.. The Elders knows about every single vampire that exist. This means that any rogue vampire or wanderer that is not following the rules of the coven will then be subjected to consequences. It is the rule. Even if you did do it away from prying eyes, the Elders would find out believe me... In cases that a human would cause chaos or would put you in a life threatening situation then of course you would have to defend yourself. Your own survival is of course your priority but then let me make myself clear that trying to find trouble to exercise this would have consequences. FutureVampire, vampires can indeed hypnotize people and compel them but as I have said in the earlier posts and as Jake reiterated feeding on humans is a BIG NO NO.

Blessed Be,[/i]

Got 'cha. Thanks!

I've been entirely independent, wandering if you please, for so long now. It'll definitely take getting used to living under the watchful eye again... not that I'm the rebellious type or anything. Wink

― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
Charm Moonchild

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Blasphemouz wrote:
Charm Moonchild wrote:

Blessed Be,[/i]

Got 'cha. Thanks!

I've been entirely independent, wandering if you please, for so long now. It'll definitely take getting used to living under the watchful eye again... not that I'm the rebellious type or anything. Wink

I am sure I can relate Wink I'm just like you very independent and well can have problems with authority figures but well things change. Wink

Blessed Be,

― Allen Ginsberg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:41 am

Wait... so let me get one thing straight:

would it be okay to harm, and possibly kill, a mortal human WITHOUT consuming their blood afterwards??

... or is that simply not possible? scratch

― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
darkdiela5

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 am

Blasphemouz wrote:

would it be okay to harm, and possibly kill, a mortal human WITHOUT consuming their blood afterwards??

If attacking human for blood (which possibility for victim is still alive) is already big 'NO' 'NO', I guess harm or possibly kill human even without consuming the blood would be extremely Big Mistakes. I got hunch the rules for vampires probably different than humans, and our actions probably always been watched. you don't want your immortal life turn into living hell for eternity just when you about to start enjoying it because of the crimes. Cool

Charm Moonchild

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:19 am

Blasphemouz wrote:

Ben,

Vampires are not allowed to harm, kill a human even if you will not consume their blood afterwards. The only time that you can do this is unless they are threatening your life or existence. Wink

Blessed be

― Allen Ginsberg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:45 am

darkdiela5 wrote:
you don't want your immortal life turn into living hell for eternity just when you about to start enjoying it because of the crimes.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... I suppose. Rolling Eyes

― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:00 am

Okay, yet another random question:

Is it possible to 'pig out' on blood in one or multiple feedings, possibly resulting in sickness... or worse yet, weight gain?! :O

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure a vampyr wouldn't chug down a 1L bottle/vial of blood in one feeding, but would rather have portions to snack on throughout the day. scratch

― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
immortal vampire

PostSubject: hybrid difference   Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:49 pm

when i read this my mind took a 360 turn it was soo confusing at first. i really thought feeding on humans was a vampires mean source. but now its only when your life is in danger oh boy my plans really got turned inside out. whatever it wont be hard to find another source to feed on at least i hope its not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeding...   

Back to top Go down

Feeding...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next