Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  The CovenThe Coven  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear members and visitors of this website kindly state the reason you are visiting our website in a section called "The reason" "Or Click here" And tell us what are you here to learn or know about or what kind of help do you need- learn magic/become a vampire/ learn astral travel/ or just for knowledge or any other reason to make it clear for us on what kind of help do you need so we can help you.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Whitedemon

Blasphemous

darkdiela5

Nightshade

Charm Moonchild

Sebastian

burningangel1

vampireloard

Torilei Denali

immortal vampire

Share | 

Voodoo Superstitions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Voodoo Superstitions   Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:02 pm

I've once come across this website that contained many interesting superstitions associated with voodoo and its adherents/practitioners. I can't cite or give credit to anyone in particular, as these were listed randomly.

Quite an intriguing read.. Very Happy

- It is considered bad luck for the remainder of the week if a woman visits you first thing Monday morning.

- It is considered bad luck to borrow or lend salt.

- Sweeping trash out of the house after dark is said to sweep away all of your luck.

- Shaking a tablecloth after dark is said to be an auspicious superstition that sees a member of your family dying suddenly.

- A spider seen in the morning is a sign of grief; a spider seen at noon means joy; and a spider seen in the evening means hope.

- Voodoo belief said placing a dime under a person’s tongue could determine if someone was under a spell. If the dime turns black, the person is said to be under a spell.

- To send someone away, it is said that one must write a person’s name nine times on a rotten egg and then throw it against their door at midnight.

- A love powder is a half teaspoonful of sugar, teaspoonful of peppermint and a teaspoonful of grated candied orange peel. Administering a teaspoonful of this mixture in a glass of wine would cause that person to love you forever.

- It is said that if you boil a black cat until all the meat comes off, and then divide the bones along four corners of the road, the devil will appear.

- Grave dust is used by witches to hoodoo a person. In order to counter this curse, it is said to find grave dust and wear it.

and last but not least, my favourite:

- By turning the picture of a person upside you can cause that person to suffer a headache.

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theync.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: all true   Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:34 am

Blasphemous wrote:
I've once come across this website that contained many interesting superstitions associated with voodoo and its adherents/practitioners. I can't cite or give credit to anyone in particular, as these were listed randomly.

Quite an intriguing read.. Very Happy

- It is considered bad luck for the remainder of the week if a woman visits you first thing Monday morning.

- It is considered bad luck to borrow or lend salt.

- Sweeping trash out of the house after dark is said to sweep away all of your luck.

- Shaking a tablecloth after dark is said to be an auspicious superstition that sees a member of your family dying suddenly.

- A spider seen in the morning is a sign of grief; a spider seen at noon means joy; and a spider seen in the evening means hope.

- Voodoo belief said placing a dime under a person’s tongue could determine if someone was under a spell. If the dime turns black, the person is said to be under a spell.

- To send someone away, it is said that one must write a person’s name nine times on a rotten egg and then throw it against their door at midnight.

- A love powder is a half teaspoonful of sugar, teaspoonful of peppermint and a teaspoonful of grated candied orange peel. Administering a teaspoonful of this mixture in a glass of wine would cause that person to love you forever.

- It is said that if you boil a black cat until all the meat comes off, and then divide the bones along four corners of the road, the devil will appear.

- Grave dust is used by witches to hoodoo a person. In order to counter this curse, it is said to find grave dust and wear it.

and last but not least, my favourite:

- By turning the picture of a person upside you can cause that person to suffer a headache.

Everything that has been mentioned in your post is all true and not simp0ly superstitions.. Ill write a post explaining how is all this valid later on
Thanks for such useful information
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wamphry.com
Blasphemous

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo Superstitions   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks Jake,

I figured they weren't exactly superstitions, although the author listed them as so, but a mutual system of beliefs. I was also taught a varying set of old Slavic beliefs and rituals by my aunt and grandmother during my childhood, which had many references to ancient Slavic deities, but alas I don't fully remember most of them to date. No

Most, if not all, of these rituals and such were passed down by word-of-mouth, since written records from Pre-Christian Poland (supposedly) don't exist.

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theync.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo Superstitions   

Back to top Go down

Voodoo Superstitions
Page 1 of 1