Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  The CovenThe Coven  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear members and visitors of this website kindly state the reason you are visiting our website in a section called "The reason" "Or Click here" And tell us what are you here to learn or know about or what kind of help do you need- learn magic/become a vampire/ learn astral travel/ or just for knowledge or any other reason to make it clear for us on what kind of help do you need so we can help you.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» the Beast and the Vamp - Combined ?
Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:05 am by AzazelStrix

» An Estimation of Feeding
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:16 am by AzazelStrix

» Sumatran Invincible ritual
Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:01 pm by AzazelStrix

» interview with a vampire
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:32 am by Admin

» Do vampires find peace ?
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:20 am by Admin

» Dream of vampire
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 am by Sadhna Sharma*

» Nosferatu Pact as it is, with detailed explanation after
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:23 pm by AzazelStrix

» Questions and Requests
Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:42 pm by Sadhna Sharma*

» FOR ADULTS ONLY --Lilith Invoking Ritual-- FOR ADULTS ONLY
Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:45 pm by Sadhna Sharma*

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Whitedemon

Blasphemous

darkdiela5

Nightshade

Charm Moonchild

Sebastian

burningangel1

vampireloard

Torilei Denali

immortal vampire

Share | 

meaning of pentagram

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whitedemon

PostSubject: meaning of pentagram   Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:32 pm

The Pentagram means different things to different people. Some may argue as to what it represents, but I will tell you what it means to me. The Pentagram right side up represents the Divine God ruling over the world of matter. The 5 points represent the 5 places that Christ was wounded. Traditionally they say that Demons are afraid of it. This is TV and movie crap. Demons would only laugh at you if you thought you could scare them off with a right side pentagram.
The pentagram also represents the Microcosmic man with his arms stretched out.

Let us not forget that it also represents the elements Spirit, Water, Air, Earth, and Fire as shown below.
This is used by most people in Witchcraft.

Now there is also the upside-down Pentagram. It represents Satan or the world of matter ruling over God. Deciding when the inverted star actually came to be known as a symbol of evil can be confusing. There is no general consensus among historians and even Wiccans and witches are not in full agreement. Some say this happened around the time of the Inquisition, while others say it could have been as late as the 19th century. Normally it is only worn by Satanists or devil worshipers, but the Mormans have used this symbol inverted for quite some time and Mormon apologists have quickly come to their church's defense by insisting that pentagrams have historically been a positive symbol and only recently have become a symbol of evil, therefore concluding that any comparison to the Nauvoo pentagrams is nothing more than sensationalism. The Freemasons also use this symbol inverted in their ranks. Now I know they they do worship the "Light Bearer" (Lucifer) but they worship him for the light. So you see someone can take any symbol and change the meaning of it to suit their own needs and this is fine.

Here we have an example of both the right side up and the reversed Pentagram...

Upside-down (material world ruling)

Right side up (God ruling)

Many mainstream religion believers think that they are both evil and represent the Devil. But that is because they are so... ignorant and blind to the fact that there is a difference. It shows their lack of study on the true facts of history. I wear the right side up Pentagram and I personally have had many people come up to me and ask me if I am a Devil worshiper. But I explain the reality to them. I will tell you that sometimes it is best not to wear one at all in public simply to save persecution from the ignorant. It is best to wear it during your own magical practices in private. This will be your own choice.

source : spellsandmagic.com

Back to top Go down
View user profile

meaning of pentagram
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1