Wamphry Shadows

Study area all needed to learn about vampires, occult and the dark arts.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  The CovenThe Coven  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear members and visitors of this website kindly state the reason you are visiting our website in a section called "The reason" "Or Click here" And tell us what are you here to learn or know about or what kind of help do you need- learn magic/become a vampire/ learn astral travel/ or just for knowledge or any other reason to make it clear for us on what kind of help do you need so we can help you.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sex and children
Yesterday at 2:06 pm by Sadhna Sharma*

» Nosferatu Pact as it is, with detailed explanation after
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:41 pm by Sebastian

» The Results of Different Rites
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 pm by Sebastian

» Repeated Question, am i a vampire? are you vampires?
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 pm by darkdiela5

» Vampires in England
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:23 pm by Vanya stark

» Questions and Requests
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:47 am by Vanya stark

» most effective and easy yet most dangerous!
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:07 am by dragon lord

» charm to avoid and heals all diseases
Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:05 am by darkdiela5

» Where do I get a lycanthropus flower?
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:37 pm by DarrenSanguine

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Whitedemon

Blasphemous

darkdiela5

Nightshade

Charm Moonchild

Sebastian

burningangel1

vampireloard

Torilei Denali

immortal vampire

Share | 

Vampires & Magic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whitedemon

PostSubject: Vampires & Magic   Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:55 pm

It is apparent that vampires have existed among practioners of Magick throughout history. From the old Middle Eastern 'eaters of souls' to Morgana le Fey's habit of giving her followers rings by which she could siphon off their energies and live forever, to modern practitioners of black magick who give lessons in conscious vampirism on the Internet, stories of magical people who have engaged in vampirism abound. Magickal Adepts create an energy body called a magickal personna to house their consciousness on its journeys through the astral and other dimensions, giving vitality to their energy forms through meditation and ritual work. Some magickal practitioners also create though-forms called fetches or servitors; these thought-forms may be programmed to seek out information or absorb and neutralize harmful energies. Sometimes, the magickal personna or servitor can become so energized that they take on a life of their own, and even manage to survive pass the time of their creators' deaths.

Most of what passes as vampire magick among vampire wannabies either attempts to imitate the effects of vampires upon others (taking their energies or seducing them) or is just plain old black magic designed to bring harm. Most real vampires have naturally strong psychic powers and do not indulge in magick to accomplish their feeding. Real vampires take other people's energies in order to survive, but they are not evil by nature (at least, not their own nature), other than those few vampires who are driven insane by their condition (though, as with any other group, there are both good and evil among them). The magick practiced by real vampires is instead designed to affect themselves, most often to bring about a transformation that will allow them to stop feeding on others. For some, this means trying to become just like everyone else, but for others, it means seeking the freedom to really be themselves by throwing off or even taking over the Beast within by accomplishing the Great Work of Alchemy and High Magick.

Occasionally, the vampire is an entity which has gained the spiritual knowledge and power to transform the physical body at will. Ancient Mysteries speak of men and women achieving immortality by periodically absorbing extra life force from the cosmos, in some cases eventually transforming the dense physical body itself into a body of energy. Wise Men, Alchemists and mystics who stray from the Path of Initiation and become addicted to living off of the energies of others, instead of developing that energy for themselves, suffer an imperfect transformation. Such beings must periodically absorb energy from others to prevent their death. In cases where the transformation is not only imperfect, but also incomplete, the physical form may transform into an energy beast and become trapped at a particular physical location. Such beings have to wait like spiders in their web until an unsuspecting mortal passes by and is captured. Some of the more powerful of these poor souls can survive in this condition for hundreds of years.

Often, there appears to be no real defense against the predation of the vampire. The strong psychic power of the vampire allows it to mesmerize its victims through telepathic suggestion. A house is a repository of energies of its inhabitants and, especially in cases where they engage in religious or spiritual activities such as praying or meditation, offers some sanctuary against the vampire; thus it is said that one must invite a vampire across the threshold in order for the vampire to gain entry. This, however, is not true of the strongest vampires. The cross, the host and blessed holy water probably became associated with a defense against the vampire due to their use in exorcism by Christians, and their efficacy depends on spiritual / psychic power of the one who blessed them and / or the one who wields them. This is not a case of good versus evil as is commonly believed, but of one energy overcoming another. Plants that are known to absorb negative energies, such as garlic, onion or lemon, also work mainly against weaker vampires; their use is tied to their effectiveness in defeating the energy of magickal attacks. Similarly, other methods of defeating magickal attacks that are also thought to be effective against the energy of the vampire are crossing running water, surrounding oneself with a circle of salt or amulets of silver. Running water pulls energy forms along its path with great force, so that any magickal spells or astral forms trying to cross it are drawn into it and end up miles away. Salting has been used from ancient times to break down existing energies of a place, purifying it so that it becomes holy or consecrated. Silver takes a charge of psychic energy very strongly, hence its use to disperse other energies, sort of like a short-circuit. It is still a common practice in some parts of Europe to place a silver coin in the mouth of the corpse to prevent it from becoming a vampire.

Typically, the vampire is disposed of by being consumed in fire, having its head cut off or having a wooden stake driven through its heart. The bodies of strong vampires may resist the flames, until they are cut into pieces. Wooden stakes driven into the vampire's vitality reservoir kill the vampire only when they are of sacred types of wood, such as white thorn (hawthorne), rowan, elder, oak, ash, etc. Iron stakes are also effective. If a vampire is not very powerful, it can also die as the result of an exorcism or by remaining too long in direct sunlight. When a vampire is "killed," usually what has happened is the vampiric energy form has been dispersed. After a vampire is killed, the form vanishes but dried blood is left behind in cases where the vampire has recently fed off of another's blood. However, if the vampire is strong enough, it can form another energy body. One method used to discourage the vampire from forming another body from its own remains is to salt the remains to disperse the energy. At any rate, one cannot be certain that a vampire will not find some way to return.

Now let's examine some false ideas about vampires. In cultures with a strong Judeo-Christian influence, the vampire is often considered to be female. This belief is based on the teaching among Jews and Christians that women are agents of the Devil sent to tempt man, and therefore do not possess the spiritual nature of men. In other cultures, such as that of Finland, the vampire is most often said to be male. Vampires, of course, can be either male or female. The false belief that vampires are inherently evil has led to the false assumption that vampires cannot walk or rest on holy ground, such as a church. Actually, vampires are only precluded from such places when the energy of the place is stronger than that of the vampire. It was believed by the ignorant that mirrors do not reflect vampires because vampires don't have a soul and are evil. Mirrors reflect dense physical objects such a human bodies, but not the energy forms of vampires, which only appear to be solid (when they appear at all) to the mind's eye of the beholder due to telepathic suggestion by the vampire or psychic ability in the beholder. Vampires with real physical bodies can be seen in a mirror just like anyone else. Actually, when a mirror is functioning as a dimensional doorway, the vampire which cannot be seen with the physical eye, can be seen. Some people were falsely accused of being vampires because they were buried when they were mistakenly thought to be dead. In old Europe, graves were typically not very deep, and if someone awoke in such a situation and managed to dig themselves out of their grave, they could easily have been mistaken for a vampire. It was a common practice in the American Old West to bury someone with a gun so they could kill themselves if they awoke in a buried coffin and couldn't get out. At the other end of that spectrum, those who are transformed by contact with spiritual forces while alive sometimes leave behind corpses that do not decompose for a very long time.

Today, a large number of false ideas about real vampires are being disseminated by writers of vampire stories, role-playing "vampires," the mentally disturbed and many apparently intelligent and educated people on the Web. Some of these "sound good but just ain't so" ideas include: the vampire virus, "you too can become a blood-drinking vampire," vampire races, crossbreeds, etc. Despite the gruesomeness of vampire folklore, many modern writers have transformed the vampire into an attractive character, and some have created quite extraordinary concepts of the vampire, blending truth and fiction into a powerful and believable mythos. Poppy Z. Brite became an instant underground legend with the 1993 publication of Lost Souls, while one of the most successful mainstream authors is Anne Rice, author of The Vampire Chronicles.
These and other authors have capitalized on a renewed interest in vampires sparked by TV shows such as The Munsters (1964), The Addams Family (1964), Dark Shadows (1966) and Nightstalker (1972). All of these sources have helped to perpetuate many false ideas about vampires.

Thus we have many types of vampires: the living, the dead and the undead, the energy thieves (psi-vamps) and the blood-suckers (sanguinarians). Lest we think that all vampires are monsters, however, let's not forget granddad and grandma, who just love to get a visit from their grandchildren because afterwards they feel so full of energy (relax, the grandchildren have plenty to spare). Or the person who is deathly ill and surrounded by loved ones and well-wishers, whose visits make them feel so much better for a while. Of course, the ultimate in your run of the mill vampiric activities is the exchange of energy that takes place between a male and female having sex. At the moment of climax, there is a brief burst of energy which emerges from us as consciousness momentarily alters its perception of reality. Here, each is giving and receiving in turn, feeding off of each other's energy to aid the evolutionary transformation of their consciousness.

In spite of the fantastic advances in science and technology in the modern world, vampires are still very much with us today. Understanding that we are all victims of an energy vampire within us, and that even we ourselves may become vampires from time to time, is one of the mysteries of our Being.

Source: http://into-thedarkness.tripod.com/id25.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanisha22

PostSubject: Re: Vampires & Magic   Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Thank you, very informative
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harley3b

PostSubject: Can you help me understand if this will affect me becoming a ceature of the night?   Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:36 pm

I am new to this page and have some questions, I am 15 I was born a witch with a extra line on my hand because of this line I have been called gifted special wise child etc, I can astro project and astro travel why awake or asleep, I can speak to the dead spirits and see the future past and present. And if I am close to someone or they let me in I can feel EVERYTHING they feel. Will this affect me becoming a vampire at all? And is it bad or good I rather be bitten than to do a ritual?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whitedemon

PostSubject: Re: Vampires & Magic   Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:30 pm

if you become a vampire you will lose your abilities because a witch gain power from nature and a vampire is dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harley3b

PostSubject: Re: Vampires & Magic   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:44 pm

Thank you, Would it be the same if I was to be a werewolf??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whitedemon

PostSubject: Re: Vampires & Magic   Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:10 am

i dont think so cuz werewolf is kinda alive but i still doubt that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harley3b

PostSubject: Re: Vampires & Magic   Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:31 pm

Thank you very much
Back to top Go down
View user profile